Quad/Graphics General Manufacturing Press Assistant in West Allis, Wisconsin
Printers to the core, Quad/Graphics’ manufacturing employees take pride in being the best at putting ink on paper for our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment focused on getting quality work out the door and into the hands of consumers. Though physically demanding, the work is rewarding and you’ll excel if you thrive on rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done.
Are you looking for a company that will not only teach you a new skill but will also provide you the classes and training so you can advance?
If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Entry level starting wage - $13-$13.75/hr. Opportunity to start at $14/hr. inan Accelerated Career Training Program!
We are currently hiring full time General Manufacturing Press Assistants to grow with us in our Hartford and Pewaukee locations! No need to worry about transportation, we have a van that will pick you up in West Allis and drive you to these locations for your shift and be there ready to bring you back once your shift is done.
Quad/Graphics prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company. Our Accelerated Career Training programs for our Press and Finishing employees help develop motivated individuals into skilled Operators with progressive wage increases. Earnings can increase to $16/hr. in one year while you learn on the job.
A general manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well know magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products in our Press area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Remove product from the end ofthe printing press
Work with loose and/orcompleted product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables &placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
Move product/skids with a handjack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
Servicing of press andfinishing machines to move product throughout the plant
Maintain accurate inventory ofproduct with the use of an on board PC and RF bar coding system
Loading and unloading offinished product and materials from semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using aforklift.
Comply with all quality, safetyand work rules and regulations.
Effectively communicate withteam members.
Assist other crew members withvarious duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handworkin order to meet customer requests.
Follow all clean-up andhousekeeping procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs.) using repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using repetitive bending and twisting.
· The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs.) by using a Big Joe and Hand Truck
· Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs.) as needed
· Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lb.) as needed
· Moving logs as needed without lifting them (stand them up or lie them down)
· Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
· Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
· The ability to take stacks of loose signatures ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet of up to 48” in height and transfer to table top work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper.
· Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30 lbs.) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets or into mail bags that potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs. Then place mail bags onto pallet.
· The ability to use a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
· The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
· At least 18-years of age or older
· A solid work history
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to follow instructions and work independently
· The ability to read and write; possess good verbal and written comprehension
· The flexibility to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and /or Experience
· Manufacturing experience is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, or bindery.
· Printing experience is not required.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace