Quad/Graphics Power Cut/Guillotine Cutter Operator 2nd Shift in New Berlin, Wisconsin
Tempt™ In-Store Productions is a Quad/Graphics company that produces in-store signage, point of purchase displays and large-format graphics. We put our retail expertise, creativity and world-class printing and finishing capabilities to work for our customers. We also integrate other Quad/Graphics solutions to help our customers develop multichannel campaigns that capture attention and drive sales.
Power Cut/Guillotine Cutter Operator
Tempt™ In-Store Productions (www.tempt-ing.com) is a Quad/Graphics company that provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the nation’s leading retailers and brand marketers. Tempt offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other Quad/Graphics solutions. From design and prototype services through large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit packing, Tempt works with retailers and brand marketers to create a destination in-store.
Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Power Cut Operator to work in the Tempt In-Store Productions facility at Moorland Road in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for operation of guillotine cutter for paper, card stock, styrene, foam core, corrugated fiberboard, corrugated plastic and other miscellaneous materials. The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Perform machine set-up, adjustments, and operation of cutter.
• Access job files/set up information via computer.
• Assist with blade changes on machine.
• Load stock and unload stock.
• Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
• Scrap excess material post-cutting and place finished work on designated pallets.
• Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
• Verify and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with job instructions.
• Inspect for quality.
• Communicate effectively with supervisor, other operators and co-workers.
• Clean and maintain work area.
• Inspect equipment for safety concerns.
Education and Experience:
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
• Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
• Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
• Essential functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects. All physical qualifications must be met with or without reasonable accommodation.
Position is for Second Shift– 3:00pm to 11:30pm M-F, with overtime as required.