Quad/Graphics Die Cut Operator - 2nd Shift in New Berlin, Wisconsin
Tempt™ In-Store Productions is a Quad/Graphics company that produces in-store signage, point of purchase displays and large-format graphics. We put our retail expertise, creativity and world-class printing and finishing capabilities to work for our customers. We also integrate other Quad/Graphics solutions to help our customers develop multichannel campaigns that capture attention and drive sales.
Tempt™ In-Store Productions (www.tempt-ing.com) is a Quad/Graphics company that provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the nation’s leading retailers and brand marketers. Tempt offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other Quad/Graphics solutions. From design and prototype services through large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit packing, Tempt works with retailers and brand marketers to create a destination in-store.
Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a Die Cutter Operator to work in the Tempt In-Store Productions facility at Moorland Road in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for set up and operation of clam shell die cutting equipment. The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Perform machine set-up, including installation of dies. Inspect sample cuts to determine conformity to specifications. Monitor production from start to finish.
• Preparation, storage and repair of dies.
• Place finished work on designated pallets for next downstream process.
• Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance and production adjustments on die cutting equipment as needed.
• Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
• Report productivity achievements, waste/defects. Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements.
• Direct up to 4 crew members.
• Communicate effectively with supervisor, finishing operators, material handlers and co-workers.
• Clean and maintain work area.
Education and Experience:
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
• Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
• Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
• Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
• Large format printing background and/or prior die cutting experience preferred.
Position is for Second Shift – 3pm to 11:30pm, with overtime as required.